CollabNet has self-certified its adherence to the European Union "Safe Harbor" Principles with the United States Department of Commerce, and has chosen to cooperate with the European Union Data Protection Authorities for unresolved privacy complaints.
The Information We Collect
This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to CollabNet through the Site, including personal information. "Personal information" is data that reasonably can be used to identify or describe an individual.
CollabNet collects personal information when:
- you become a registered member on the Site;
- you request that CollabNet contact you;
- you download CollabNet software (where required);
- you download CollabNet Partner software (where required);
- you register for an online training course;
- you make online purchases;
- you request support for a CollabNet product;
- you register for webcasts and other online events;
- you request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers);
- you participate in surveys and evaluations;
- you participate in promotions, contests or giveaways;
- you submit questions or comments to us;
- you subscribe to an electronic mailing list.
The types of personal information collected may include (but are not limited to):
- your first and last name;
- your role in your organization;
- your organization's name;
- your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province);
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number;
- any other identifier that permits CollabNet to make physical or online contact with you;
- the CollabNet product in which your are primarily interested;
- any information that CollabNet collects online from you and maintains in association with your account, such as:
- your CollabNet username,
- your CollabNet password,
- your credit card account information.
CollabNet also collects more general information about your use of products and services offered on the Site, and your participation in various forums and projects. In addition, our Site uses tracking technologies to record information, such as; (i) the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, (ii) the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, (iii) the browser software you use and your operating system, (iv) the date and time you access our Site, and (v) the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Site.
Using Your Personal Information
CollabNet uses the personal information you provide to:
- create and maintain your accounts;
- process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders;
- answer your questions;
- register you in programs (per your request);
- send you information;
- send you newsletters;
- send you surveys.
We also use this personal information, in conjunction with the information collected regarding your purchases and participation in various activities, to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalize communications.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Unless you assent, CollabNet will never share the personal information you provide to us except as described below.
CollabNet may disclose your personal information to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
Your Choices About Receiving E-Mail
CollabNet makes every effort to provide you with the ability to opt-in and opt-out of receiving communications from CollabNet and/or its partners.
CollabNet may send you e-mail about your account, about the products you have downloaded and/or purchased, to remind you about a webcast for which you have registered or a service you have purchased, or in response to your questions. If you choose to receive it, CollabNet may send you our technical newsletter and other related technical information. CollabNet may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you if you have opted in to such communications. In addition, with your assent, our business partners may send you such information.
You may let us know whether or not you would like to receive information, special offers, and promotional materials from CollabNet or our business partners when you create an openCollabNet account, when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you e-mail. You may also update these choices in your registration profile at any time. Please note that if you choose not to accept promotional e-mails, you may not receive special offers that may be of value to you.
CollabNet will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of the newsletter or any of our direct marketing communications at any time. All newsletters and promotional e-mail sent from CollabNet will contain a provision allowing you the option to decline receiving future e-mail. You may unsubscribe to an e-mail communication by contacting CollabNet at the email address provided below and requesting that you be unsubscribed from that specific communication:
- To unsubscribe from the openCollabNet Technical Newsletter: email@example.com
- To unsubscribe from other CollabNet email communications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies and Other Browser Information
Our Site uses certain "cookies" and other tracking technologies. These technologies allow us to remember your interests as expressed by the pages you visit on our Site and to allow the Site to "remember" your login information to facilitate automatic logins (if desired). A cookie is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about your activities on our Site. The cookie transmits this information back to our Site's computer that, generally speaking, is the only computer that can read it. Some cookies may serve to recall Personal Information previously registered by you. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You can also set your browser to block or remove cookies; however, if you choose to do so, certain features and functionality of our Websites may no longer be available to you.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Public Forums Reminder
This site often makes discussion forums, mailing lists, wikis, blogs and chat rooms available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Although we value individual ideas and encourage free expression, CollabNet reserves the right to take necessary action to preserve the forum's integrity, such as removing any posting that is inappropriate. Any communications sent to you by third parties are the responsibility of such third parties.
Our Commitment to Children's Online Privacy
Out of special concern for children's privacy, CollabNet does not knowingly accept online personal information from children under the age of 13. CollabNet does not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to become registered members of our sites, or buy products and services on our sites. CollabNet does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information about children under 13.
In the event that CollabNet ever decides to expand its intended site audience to include children under the age of 13, those specific web pages will, in accordance with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), be clearly identified and provide an explicit privacy notice addressed to children under 13. In addition, CollabNet will provide an appropriate mechanism to obtain parental approval, allow parents to subsequently make changes to or request removal of their children's personal information, and provide access to any other information as required by law.
About Links to Other Sites
This Site contains links to other websites. CollabNet does not control the information collection of websites that can be reached through links from our Site. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked sites, please contact those companies directly.
How to Contact Us
4000 Shoreline Court, Suite 300
South San Francisco, CA 94080
The Terms were last amended on March 28, 2012.