CollabNet TeamForge Task Management for Microsoft Project
The CollabNet TeamForge Task Management Plugin for Microsoft Project allows users to bi-directionally and securely synchronize CollabNet TeamForge and Microsoft Project tasks, as well as edit and upload CollabNet TeamForge documents directly from Microsoft Project. This plugin, implemented as a Microsoft Windows .NET application, is available as a native Microsoft Project menu option. The integration provides a secure connection using SSL encryption, and you can save and reuse parameters for easy connection in future. Connection via Proxy server is also available.
Why TeamForge and MS Project?
By creating detailed project plans in Microsoft Project, you can take advantage of advanced project planning features such as detailed cost and effort projections. After your project plan is completed, you can log into TeamForge from within Microsoft Project and synchronize the task data from your project plan with a CollabNet TeamForge task folder. When the data is synchronized with CollabNet TeamForge, you can then execute your project tasks using the advanced status reporting capabilities, task exception management, and project visibility tools that CollabNet TeamForge provides. At any time, you can re-synchronize any changes made to task data in either TeamForge or Microsoft Project.
Tight integration with MS Project
- Available as Native Office Menu
- Upload new documents to TeamForge within MS Office
- Edit documents from CollabNet TeamForge within MS Word
Map Project items to TeamForge items
- Assign tasks to TeamForge project member
- Skip incompatible items while doing synchronization
- Allows double way task synchronization
- Resolve conflicts in values between MS Project and TeamForge
- Provides an option to choose values between MS Project and TeamForge on conflicts
- Execute your project tasks using the advanced status reporting, task exception management, and project visibility tools that TeamForge provides