Access planning folders and artifacts, and view, create and modify items and content
Create documents and artifact attachments directly from your email attachments
Initiate tasks and create artifacts, based on (and referencing) emails
Analyze project progress, and report artifacts and open items
Browse project and file repositories, and open/edit/save documents directly from your TeamForge project
Schedule team meetings based on project schedules and open items needing resolution
CollabNet Desktop - Microsoft Outlook Edition is another way for your team members to access TeamForge right from Microsoft Outlook. The desktop provides a familiar interface, native document editing capabilities, and rich drag & drop capabilities. The business user and IT manager alike can access TeamForge right from Microsoft Outlook to view status or approve a pending task. The desktop provides a familiar interface, interactive access to planning folders and artifacts, analytics capabilities and integrations with email and calendar functionality.
Issue Tracking and Change Management: Search, view, create and modify tracker items and content.
Integration with email and Calendar: Create documents and artifacts based on email attachments; schedule team meetings based on project schedules and open items needing resolution.
Rich Analytics: analyze project progress, and report artifacts and open items.
File and Project Browsing: Open, edit and save documents directly from your TeamForge project.
Why TeamForge and Outlook?
Through the desktop Outlook integrations, Microsoft or JAVA or Mainframe developers; business users; development managers; marketing or customer service – all have a view defined by their role and in context of their responsibilities in delivering applications. The common denominator is email; the most prevalent form of business communications.
Save Time; Ease Management
- Auto-configure related repositories for Subversion and project artifacts automatically when you add a project to your workspace.
- Choose from a long list of predefined queries, such as active tasks or tasks assigned to me, to get started quickly.
- No external SSH client needed. Everything the user needs for SSH access is included and automated.
- Always see the latest information in your development environment with automatic project updates
- Query results are automatically refreshed with the repository, so users see the latest changes to existing tasks as well as creation of new ones that meet their criteria.
- View development progress with graphical reports including a burndown chart.
- Utilize plan editor to see planning folder work items in a grid view and perform in-place edits of status, effort, and other artifact details.
- Rank artifacts through a simple drag-and-drop operation
- Use graphical merge wizard for changes between any two repository paths for tree conflict resolution