Elastic Provisioning to Power Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
CollabNet Lab Management is a cloud-enabling service that significantly reduces infrastructure costs while promoting development productivity and rapid innovation. Plugging into TeamForge, Lab Management provides self-service provisioning of software profiles and servers (physical and virtual) for distributed development, test, build and IT operations teams.
Learn more: Watch the webinar "Test & Dev labs in the Cloud".
Elastic Provisioning of Systems for Development, Continuous Integration
and Continuous Delivery
Using Lab Management, geographically distributed teams can reserve a set of physical or virtual systems from a central pool of resources and rebuild these systems according to any pre-defined build, test, and deployment configuration. Once build and test activities are completed, the reserved systems are released back into the shared pool of resources for immediate re-provisioning.
Centralized Management and Reuse of Build Components
CollabNet Lab Management provides a fully searchable and secure central repository of systems and software configurations to facilitate standardization and reuse. Cross-project access is controlled with permission to assets.
Improved Visibility and Alignment with TeamForge Projects
System utilization can be monitored in real-time or in summary reports, by project, user, or system. Underutilized or unallocated systems from the global resource pool can be quickly identified.
Benefits by Role
|For Development Teams||For IT Operations||For Executives|
Detailed Capabilities & Benefits:
Self-service, dynamic allocation of development, build, & test services via your browser or IDE
- Accelerate application development with on-demand build and test tools, application stacks, and servers available directly from the web browser, CollabNet TeamForge, CollabNet Build & Test, Eclipse, or Visual Studio
- Self-service access from a pool of standardized development, build, and test resources
- Build your own cloud, using your own servers, your corporate private cloud, CollabNet’s server cloud, or Amazon EC2
- Easily pool resources to be shared by a team or project, or even across teams and projects
- Simplify administration by consolidating resources into fewer, more robust machines that can be easily shared.
- Collaborate on build and test results with distributed teams using e-mail, discussion forums, documents, code, issues, reports, and other team tools
Profile library: centralized management of build and test software stacks
- Reduce time spent setting up and configuring systems by 90%
- Use version controlled software stack profiles managed as a secure library for consistency across the development, build, and test cycles
- Promote enterprise wide software asset reuse and support SOA initiatives
- Create custom continuous integration profiles or choose from standards based on Hudson, Cruise Control, or Maven
- Create custom test tools profiles such as HP Mercury, PushToTest.
- Build your own profile using any industry software stack, including all Hudson extensions
Build library: centralized management and reuse of build components
- Minimize productivity loss due to broken builds and errors from mis-configuration.
- Reproduce & repair bug fixes more rapidly.
- Enable standardized build processes with a library of build and test stacks
- Accelerate and support continuous integration by automating the process and workflow from end to end.
Governance and reporting: visibility and control across global pool of computing resources, projects, profiles, and build artifacts
- Enable visibility into continuous integration status — machine allocation, capacity, by user, role, and function
- Support compliance requirements.
- Securely access software artifacts and hardware assets with audit trails
- Track project costs of assets from various clouds.
- Provide cost accounting of machine time for project/user reporting.
Any Cloud Access
- Access users' own servers, or users' corporate “private cloud,” Amazon EC2, or CollabNet's server cloud
- Store your successful build and test results in the TeamForge Release directory for immediate production on-ramping to your private or public cloud
- Create a pool of shared resources
- Consolidate resources to enable sharing and simplify administration