9:00 - 5:00
Act on or before
**Limited space available and discounts are being offered for groups of 2 or more so please register early to reserve your seats.**
The 3 day Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Experience takes a more comprehensive, in-depth approach to the CSM training. It is designed for those who want additional time learning how to apply the Scrum principles taught in the CSM course to real world situations.
Real world case studies are used in the course to illustrate the types of impediments you are likely to encounter and to show how to avoid common mistakes other organizations have made. Classroom activities are guided by Michael James, author of the Example ScrumMaster's Checklist (referenced in books by at least three other Scrum trainers) and the 6-page illustrated Scrum Reference Card. Prior to the 3 day class, it is mandatory that those enrolled in the course complete the free online prep work. Well-prepared groups enhance the classroom learning experience and are able to spend time exploring more advanced topics.
Who is this class for?
This class is designed for those that want to extend the value they are getting from the CSM training by having additional time to work with an expert consultant and peers in a “learning by doing” environment.
This class will appeal to you if:
- You are the type of person that has a natural curiosity for learning
- You push yourself to be the best in whatever you do
- You enjoy problem solving and are comfortable with ambiguity as you explore the best options for a complex situation
- You appreciate theory but learn best by doing
- You are a job seeker wanting to be more knowledgeable about Agile during job interviews than an ordinary CSM
- You are a consultant who wants greater confidence in guiding organizations.
- You are a business leader seeking to avoid common mistakes in implementing Scrum
About the Class
- During class, CSM participants explore Agility while divided into self organizing Scrum teams of 5-7 people each, working with case studies and experiencing learning situations beyond the Scrum Alliance's certification requirements.
- The case study method of learning has been used in business, law and medical education for many years. Case studies are valuable for not only teaching the concepts and content around Agile, but also the process skills and critical thinking required for implementing Scrum successfully in a real world work environment.
- The case examples used will involve complex situations that require participants to problem solve. Having to apply concepts to practical situations can help participants synthesize information more quickly. In addition, the case studies used in class usually generate enthusiastic class discussions that enhance the learning experience for all.
As Michael James puts it, “We deliver the class we wish we had gotten when we started doing Scrum in our own company. There is more to effective Agility than books or traditional lecture-based classes can convey.”
Course topics include:
- Scrum roles, responsibilities and meetings
- Sprint planning, execution, review and retrospectives
- The product backlog (writing user stories, effort estimation and prioritization)
- The sprint backlog and sprint execution
- “Definition of Done” and shippable product
- Organizational impediments and how to deal with them
- Other topics: epic decomposition, technical debt, lean principles, Kanban, test driven development (TDD), team dynamics, release forecasting and more
Case studies will focus on Agility in organizations larger than one Scrum team.
The class will also contain individual and group knowledge tests that precede the Scrum Alliance's online test.
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive
- Qualification for ScrumMaster Certification (passing the exam is a required follow-on step for certification).
- Payment of your first two year dues for the Scrum Alliance.
- 21 PDUs from PMI (Project Management Institute). This class also satisfies the 21 training hours for the PMI-ACP certification but may not cover all topics on that test.
Mandatory Course Prep Work
Regardless of whether you have prior exposure to Scrum, the free online preparation work at http://ScrumTrainingSeries.com must be completed before the three classroom days. Absorbing the vocabulary and basics of Scrum before the classroom activities helps ensure the best team learning experience for all participants. Your understanding of the preparation work will be measured during the class, so please contact your instructor for assistance if you have difficulty with the embedded quizzes.
Here’s what people are saying about the preparation work:
“I’m really glad you had us study in advance since the class was not a rerun of the material in the videos but a chance to practice.”
“I wish to express my thanks for your online scrum training videos. They succeed in introducing the concepts of scrum, without being too complicated for a beginner to understand.”
—Josh at Ericsson
“I watched the Intro to Scrum video and it just made pure sense. I took the test as well and loved it, everything sank in first time around.”
—Rich in Holden, MA
“This series is FANTASTIC! It was entertaining, engaging and informative. I’m very new to SCRUM and this material was presented in a very logical, easy to understand manner. It’s such a logical framework and approach! In fact, I sent the link to all the PMs in my company (we’re implementing this approach to SDLC).”
—Donna in Nashville, TN
CollabNet Certified ScrumMaster Training provides everything you need to confidently engage with a real-world Scrum team.
Why take training from CollabNet?
- Re-take the course at no charge (within six months)
Get twice the value - attend again for more depth or to get a different perspective
- Use your trainer as your mentor
Build a relationship with your CST and ask whatever you need to be successful in your job
- Pass the ScrumAlliance exam
We'll work with you until you pass the test, so you're assured to earn your certification
Need more reasons? We've trained more than 14,000 Certified Scrum Masters - more than anyone. Check out some of their testimonials here
The CSM certificate is granted by the Scrum Alliance to those who have successfully completed a CSM course from CollabNet and who pass the online test. It's a three-step process:
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of Scrum. Review our Scrum Training Series e-learning modules.
- Attend a CSM course.
- Obtain your CSM certification after completing the course and passing the CSM test.
Full information on the ScrumMaster Certification is available from the Scrum Alliance here.
You will receive specific information on registering for the certification exam in the follow up email after your course.
All students will benefit from preparing for the class. The more you prepare, the more you will take away. Regardless of whether you have prior exposure to Scrum, please review the following material before attending class.
The CollabNet Certified Scrum Master Experience class is three days, from 9am to 5pm local time each day. Lunch is included on all days.
We are committed to your success in Scrum. As part of this commitment, each of our trainers will share with you their contact information for the purpose of continuing assistance. You can communicate following the class, asking questions and seeking their advice on specific situations that come up during your Scrum work.
Additionally, if certification by the Scrum Alliance is important to you, we will work with you to help you pass the certification exam. More than 97% of our students pass the certification exam on the first try. Taking the test is easy - simply follow the instructions that come in the class follow-up email. If you want additional preparation before the course or if you want to discuss the results of the exam, simply contact your trainer.
Finally, as an added value to course participants, CollabNet reserves two seats at each of its public courses for individuals who have already successfully completed a course from CollabNet, but would like to take it a second time at no cost. This allows participants to explore Scrum training more deeply or attend a session led by a different Certified Scrum Trainer. The offer is provided on a first-come, first-served basis and must be used for the same course as the original (i.e., an individual who completed a CSM course may enroll in another CSM course, but not a Product Owner course). This offer is available for six months following the original course, so please contact CollabNet as early as possible to reserve your seat.
Full refunds are available up until 10 business days before the scheduled event date. Cancellations made within 10 business days of the event will be credited toward future events, however, no refunds will be issued. Rescheduling course attendance will be subject to a $150 transfer fee. Substitutions will be accepted at any time prior to commencement of the course. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the course must be attended within 6 months of the participant’s original sign-up date, and no refunds or credits will be available for participants who fail to attend a course within this six-month period. No refunds or credits will be available for participants who fail to attend both days of the course.
1-888-532-6823 (USA only toll free)