CollabNet's New TeamForge 7 And TeamForge Orchestrate Speed Cycle Times and Improve Collaboration for Agile ALM And DevOps
New TeamForge Orchestrate connects tools, and turns disparate tasks into associated activities for cross-functional collaboration and visual traceability
BRISBANE, Calif., June 18, 2013 – CollabNet (www.collab.net), the leader for Enterprise Cloud Development, today announced TeamForge 7 and TeamForge Orchestrate – major new capabilities for its open ALM platform. TeamForge Orchestrate is a new add-on product that helps software organizations connect disparate tools and activities, and produce cross-functional associations and visual traceability throughout the application lifecycle. TeamForge 7 includes Adaptive Planning Boards for hybrid Agile-based project management and Lifecycle Dashboards for centralized visibility across projects and tools. Together, TeamForge 7 and TeamForge Orchestrate provide IT organizations with an open and extendable ALM platform for enterprise Agile and DevOps that greatly reduces cycle times – while providing the freedom and control to use a range of open source and commercial tools in unison.
“With the advent of mobile and cloud, the days of the heavyweight and monolithic toolsets to build and deploy software are over, making room for a federated ALM platform that coalesces all of the assets, data and activities that occur throughout software delivery,” said Bill Portelli, co-founder and CEO for CollabNet. “TeamForge 7 and Orchestrate address the challenges resulting from today’s increasingly complex software environments, allowing cross-tool data and cross-team activities to flow in a structured, traceable and visual manner – empowering organizations to improve code quality through better collaboration and traceability.”
Today’s software delivery environments are increasingly fragmented due to the open nature of development and the proliferation of tools and processes. New applications and delivery platforms, such as cloud, mobile, social and big data mandate new strategies for ALM success. Synchronizing cross-functional data from the tools teams want to use, and coordinating activities that occur from “idea through deployment,” is critical to Agile and DevOps success.
TeamForge continues to solve the dilemma of having to choose a monolithic platform over best-of-breed point tools. With Orchestrate, it collects and stores metadata related to key lifecycle activities and draws associations between disparate tools for the ultimate purpose of traceability. This centralized system of record connects previously unconnected ALM activities, syndicating human and machine-generated transactions to bridge IT silos and provide context between tasks. The result is cross-functional and automated ALM traceability – presented in an intuitive graphical interface – that is critically important for software engineers and a capability that is sorely lacking in today’s commercial tools that provide only simplistic traceability support.
“The need to collaborate across tools and processes has never been stronger, and organizations realize this is a must requirement if they want to scale Agile and bridge development and operations via DevOps,” said Melinda Ballou, principal analyst at IDC. “Coordinating point tool choices and providing the centralized and social collaboration needed to manage change in a structured fashion are key elements for successful innovation and execution.”
TeamForge Orchestrate offers:
- Control Center for Delivery Pipelines: creates traceability across disparate tools, enabling graphical traceability of delivery pipelines across tools and clouds to measurably reduce cycle times.
- Social Activity Streams: embedded social activity streams link comments and discussions to events, data and activities to provide context through continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Agent-based APIs: an easy-to-use integration model provides traceability links between TeamForge and third-party tools. This eliminates “vendor lock-in.” Pre-packaged integrations include Git and Subversion, Jenkins, TeamCity, ReviewBoard and others. This tool ecosystem can be expanded with community-built integrations.
TeamForge 7 offers:
- Adaptive Planning Boards: helps teams facilitate product and release planning regardless of development method – Agile, traditional or hybrid in-houses processes – in real-time and through a flexible drag-and-drop framework.
- Enterprise Lifecycle Dashboards: a range of pre-packaged and customizable lifecycle reports provide a holistic view across projects, tools and platforms.
- Additional features: include greatly enhanced usability with 3x faster workflows, updated support for Git/Gerrit and more.
For more information on TeamForge 7 and TeamForge Orchestrate please visit: http://visit.collab.net/TeamForge7Resources_LP.html
Share this: #CollabNet new #TeamForge and #Orchestrate to speed cycle times for #ALM, #Agile, #DevOps and #continuousdelivery www.collab.net
CollabNet is a leading provider of Enterprise Cloud Development. With more than 10,000 global customers, the company provides a development platform and services to address three major trends disrupting the software industry: Agile, DevOps and hybrid cloud development. CollabNet TeamForge® ALM, ScrumWorks® Pro Agile project management and Subversion Edge and Enterprise Git source code management can be deployed separately or together, in the cloud or on-premise. CloudForge™ enables cloud development through a flexible platform that is team friendly, enterprise ready and integrated to support TeamForge and leading third-party tools. CollabNet complements its technical offerings with industry leading consulting and training services for Agile and cloud development transformations. Many CollabNet customers improve productivity by as much as 70 percent, while reducing costs by 80 percent. For more information, please visit www.collab.net.