CollabNet's TeamForge 8.0 Helps Software Development Organizations Scale Agile, DevOps and Git across the Enterprise
Software development organizations can now embrace open source tools, while enabling transparency and collaboration needed to accelerate application development & delivery
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., February 24, 2015 – CollabNet®, the leader in open Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), today announced TeamForge 8.0, a major release of its flagship platform. TeamForge 8.0 includes a new modern user interface that simplifies and streamlines user workflow, and offers enhanced planning, visibility and reporting for increasingly complex software development environments. Enterprises can now easily adopt, manage and govern many of the leading open-source tools in use today, including Git/Gerrit, Binary Artifact Management, Test Management, Nexus and Review Board.
“Successfully scaling Agile, Continuous Delivery and DevOps requires a balance of allowing teams to use their favorite tools while also ensuring visibility and governance by the organization to manage growing complexity,” said Bill Portelli, co-founder and CEO of CollabNet. “From a new user interface and advanced reporting to tool integration, TeamForge 8.0 allows teams to work the way they want, while leaders can better plan and manage to achieve real strategic differentiation.”
With TeamForge 8.0, organizations can adopt any tool or methodology in a fully governed and traceable environment, accelerating application development and delivery with high quality. TeamForge 8.0 is the industry’s most complete open ALM platform, with more than 3,600,000 users and 10,000 customers in 100+ countries.
Enhancements in TeamForge 8.0 include:
- Enterprise-ready Git Management: TeamForge provides full Git history protection so no data is ever lost, avoiding data losses. Now, large-scale adoption is made easier with full Role-based Access Controls at the site, project, repository and branch levels. Controls extend to all users in the enterprise, as well as guests and even anonymous users. New Quality Gates for Gerrit help specify exact conditions so new code changes can be quickly merged into production. Any corporate policy, such as “four eye principle,” legal review and purely automated delivery pipeline, can now be codified and enforced. Teams can select out-of-the-box workflows or design custom policies as easily as defining Outlook filter rules. All policies are automatically enforced and audited.
- Advanced Reporting: TeamForge introduces its powerful unified reporting that allows organizations to intuitively create customized reports based on unique needs. It delivers both standard and customized reporting to quickly distill insights needed to improve performance and drive output.
- Intelligent Data Collection and Analytics: TeamForge automatically collects data across the tool chain and makes it available for reporting, tracking and analysis to enable higher quality and accelerated time-to-market.
- Project Teams: TeamForge brings team-level views of releases and project activities that are critical for Agile initiatives that include widely distributed teams. It also provides complete context around daily jobs, backlogs, releases and sprints.
- Test Management: TeamForge now integrates with TestLink, the leading open-source test management tool. Together, it creates test case trackers and associates them with requirements, and stores test cases and ties test plans to builds.
- Binary Repository Management: TeamForge now extends its best-in-class traceability features to include binary artifacts. Using Nexus, it speeds the movement of applications through the development, test and build lifecycles.
TeamForge 8.0 is available now. To request a free trial, please visit: https://www.collab.net/products/teamforge/free-trial.
Tweet this: @CollabNet new #TeamForge 8.0 powers large-scale #Git, #Agile visibility and open source in the enterprise www.collab.net
CollabNet® is the creator of Subversion® and a pioneer in open Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solutions for collaborative Agile software delivery at scale. CollabNet provides industry-leading products, plus Agile consulting and training services, to help organizations of all sizes develop and deploy software faster. CollabNet’s flagship product, TeamForge®, provides customers with an open and extensible collaborative software development and delivery platform to increase collaboration and application release efficiency across larger, distributed teams. TeamForge users also gain better governance with enhanced visibility and traceability across the software development lifecycle. For smaller teams, CollabNet provides CloudForge®, a cloud-hosted version of Subversion, Git and TeamForge, that enables fast project starts on-demand. CollabNet has been recognized for 10 consecutive years as a SD Times 100 industry innovator and is consistently positioned as a leader within Tier One industry analyst reports, including an Independent Research Firm report on “Application Life Cycle Management Tools.” For more information, please visit www.collab.net