New CollabNet ScrumWorks Pro 5.0 Raises the Bar for Agile Project Management
World’s Leading Agile Project and Program Management Software Receives Significant Upgrades; Free 10-User Full-Version Licenses Now Available
BRISBANE, Calif., July 12, 2011 — CollabNet®, the leader in Agile development in the Cloud, today announced the availability of ScrumWorks® Pro 5.0, the latest version of the world’s leading Agile project and program management software. ScrumWorks is used by more than 150,000 developers at thousands of companies around the world. The new release is a comprehensive overhaul of ScrumWorks Pro, delivering a modernized look and feel, a vastly upgraded Web user interface, and important advances in scalability and speed to meet enterprise customer needs. The full version of the software is available for free download with free licenses for teams of up to 10 people. No other vendor offers its full-function tool at no charge. More information is available at https://www.open.collab.net/products/scrumworks/.
- Free downloads of ScrumWorks Pro 5.0 and free 10-user licenses are available at https://www.open.collab.net/products/scrumworks/getit.html.
- Existing ScrumWorks Pro users can upgrade to version 5.0 at https://www.open.collab.net/downloads/scrumworks.html.
- A ScrumWorks Pro 5.0 datasheet, an informative video, and a “What’s New” guide are available at https://www.open.collab.net/products/scrumworks/.
- CollabNet will also host a free, live webinar covering the new features on July 22nd. Registration is available at https://www.open.collab.net/webinar/104/.
- Free white papers on topics including Scrum transformations, Agile metrics, and more are available at https://www.open.collab.net/news/library/agile-whitepapers.html.
- Free webinars covering Agile Transformation, Scrum, and other application development topics are delivered frequently throughout the year by CollabNet’s consulting team. Registration is available at https://www.open.collab.net/news/webinars/.
“The Scrum framework and ScrumWorks Pro have given us a shared framework and vocabulary,” said Mark Wightman, head of development, Red Gate Software. “The transparency we now have improves productivity, surfaces impediments early in the cycle, and enhances collaborative communication.”
Enhanced User Interface
The ScrumWorks Pro Web user interface has been completely redesigned for the 5.0 release. Now, nearly every function of the rich desktop client is available in the browser-based UI, enabling developers to remain in the tool full-time and supporting the vast majority of a development manager’s activities. Additionally, the UI has been optimized to support larger, geographically distributed teams, with enhanced transparency and continuous metrics that enable developers to adapt quickly and to easily manage requirements, set priorities, and track their work. Finally, a new dashboard feature will present each user a custom project view upon login.
More Industry-Leading Technology
Other key features of ScrumWorks Pro 5.0 include:
- Upgraded program, release, and sprint planning capabilities, which streamline Scrum project management.
- Overhaul of the project taskboard, which delivers more power to the team while enhancing ease of use.
“ScrumWorks Pro version 5.0 significantly raises the bar for Agile project management solutions. The redesigned UI helps to scale Agile across an enterprise like no other available product,” said David Parker, vice president and general manager, Scrum business line, CollabNet. “On top of that, the full version of the product is now free for small teams, another industry-first.”
CollabNet is the recognized leader in leveraging collaboration, Agile methods, and Cloud computing to transform the way software development organizations develop and deploy applications. We enable our customers to efficiently manage lifecycles, development processes, distributed teams, and projects. Our lightweight and easy-to-use platform, offered in the Cloud on the Codesion™ hosting platform and in on-premises versions, delivers substantial cost, quality, and time-to-market improvements to more than 7,000 customers, from workgroups to enterprises. For more information, please visit www.collab.net.