Technology Partners - Red Gate Software
Database Development with the Same Rigor asSource Code Management
Red Gate SQL Source Control makes database version control seamless. It links your databases to your existing source control system, so you can enjoy the benefits of source control without having to disrupt your workflow. In less than five minutes you can connect TeamForge Apache™ Subversion® repository to SQL Server and start developing your SQL databases in a source controlled environment. For the first time, you can develop SQL databases in a source controlled environment without using resource-heavy change management scripts. Simply and easily bring all the benefits of working in a source controlled environment, familiar to you from working with application code, to SQL database development.
When you link a database to source control, you must specify whether the database will be shared or dedicated. This allows SQL Source Control to better support your development model. For example, under a shared model, SQL Source Control displays information about which SQL Server user made which change. This means you can avoid committing another user's changes, and more easily see who is working on what. The ability to instantly keep database structure in synchronization across development, test and production environments instantly reduced the amount of work and potential for error.
Why CollabNet VersionOne and Red Gate Software?
Red Gate Software produces highly usable, reliable tools that solve the problems of Data Base Administrators (DBAs) and developers. It doesn't matter whether your development team works with a central database or individual, local copies – SQL Source Control supports both a dedicated and a shared database development model. In less than five minutes you can connect your TeamForge Subversion repository to SQL Server using SQL Source Control. You can keep track of who changed what, when, and why; improve change management and auditing; and easily share or reverse changes. SQL Source Control also stores a complete history of your updates to simplify database versioning, and provides a sandbox for risk–free experimenting.
Improve Databases Development Processes
- Promote reuse for collaboration across team members with confidence that they have the latest version
- Develop against a real, live database for better support of Continual Integration and frequent release
- View development history; undo changes and revert back to previous versions
Fits In With the Way You Work
- Use your existing source control system – no need to invest in a new one
- Works with either the shared or dedicated development method – no need to change the way your team works
- Supports a distributed model – Know who is making changes to the shared database; commit only your own changes by default
Audit Trail of SQL Development
- Help satisfy compliance regulation
- See who, changed, what, when, and why
- Database administrators can push changes with confidence
About Red Gate Software
Since 1999, Red Gate Software has produced ingeniously simple tools for over 500,000 Microsoft technology professionals worldwide. We currently specialize in MS SQL Server, Oracle, and .NET tools. Our SQL Toolbelt is the simplest and most effective way to access the SQL Server tools that you need, to get your job done, the way you want to do it. SQL Toolbelt is a single installer of fourteen essential database tools, including SQL Source Control, SQL Compare, SQL Prompt and SQL Backup, and is the industry standard in the world's leading companies, including Microsoft, HP, Sage, Bank of America, AT&T and the US Treasury.
* Apache, Apache Subversion and the Subversion logo are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation. Subversion® is a registered trademark of the Apache Software Foundation.