Technology Partners - UrbanCode
Advanced Continuous Integration
uBuild is used by software development organizations that have complex build management requirements that are not easily met by off-the-shelf tools. The typical build management customer has a home-grown build automation system that is complex but meets their requirements. uBuild is the latest in a long line of build management solutions dating back to Anthill in 2001. There are hundreds of companies around the globe using uBuild and its precursors to automate some of the most complex build scenarios in the world.
Automated builds can be triggered to run on code or dependency change. With automated tests, uBuild ensures that test hardware doesn't sit idle. It moves the code to the test hardware, triggers the tests, and collects the results. uBuild provides detailed trending for test results — even for your home-grown test harness! Integrations are great for executing development and testing processes, but they are also critical for understanding results. Running unit tests after a build is good, understanding which tests passed is better, and realizing which tests fail most frequently provides even more value. uBuild provides rich integrations that automate, understand and analyze.
Why CollabNet VersionOne and UrbanCode?
In Agile development, uBuild is used to automate Continuous Integration builds, nightly builds, automated unit or functional tests, deployments, releases, or any other process in the application lifecycle. The integration between TeamForge and uBuild provides the association of all TeamForge artifacts that went into the build and the progress of that build throughout the lifecycle; comment on those artifacts; provide a link from an artifact (defect, task, story) to a build; and file new artifacts. Use the integration to take advantage of TeamForge's release management, upload uBuild artifacts to the TeamForge file release system (FRS) and upload a file to the FRS that links back to the build. The Apache™ Subversion® integration enables uBuild to check out code, access the change log and label the repository. uBuild also integrates with HP Quality Center and provides more than 60 integrations.
Self-Service Continuous Integration
- Configure to produce builds of your projects on demand, at regular intervals or based on triggers that detect source code commits
- With self-service automation, anyone with the correct permissions can press a button and build, deploy, or perform other required actions without the waiting
- Gain the rapid feedback that is an indispensable in Agile methodologies from end-to-end through the lifecycle
- Reduce failures by up to 90% with deployment automation for consistency across all your environments
- Visualize dependencies on other projects and third-party libraries to perform impact analysis on a planned change
- Track dependencies across libraries and subprojects based on version or release status
Build & Deployment Management
- Reuse the same deployment scripts across each environment to avoid deployment failures late in the development cycle
- Provide consistent information on changes, issues, tests and more to enforce standards throughout the organization
- Control users' ability to deploy into on an environment-by-environment through fine-grained, role-based security
UrbanCode is the technical leader in build and release management solutions since 2001. UrbanCode offers the only complete enterprise continuous integration platform with Build and Dependency Management, Deployment Automation, Test Orchestration, and Release Management. Customers in the financial, banking, insurance, software and high-tech industries achieve end-to-end automation using .NET, Java, and/or native technologies. UrbanCode's unique products integrate with SCM, issue tracking, change management, test automation and IDE tools.
* Apache, Apache Subversion and the Subversion logo are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation. Subversion® is a registered trademark of the Apache Software Foundation.