WebLayers’ governance solution provides development organizations with a fully automated, cross platform and configurable solution to address software governance across the enterprise from the cloud and the mainframe to the desktop and the handset. WebLayers CenterTM analyzes, identifies and provides guidance on how to correct policy violations throughout the software development lifecycle. Integrating WebLayers with CollabNet provides development teams with a common approach to governance.
By tying code quality to compliance requirements, organizations can ensure adherence to policies and best practices, thereby reducing costs, speeding deployment, and mitigating the risk of software glitches that can result in significant productivity and profitability losses.
Increased visibility: WebLayers combined with the CollabNet platform provides organizations with a simple, aggregated and objective view of software code compliance throughout the development lifecycle.
Seamless integration: WebLayers cross platform and configurable solution integrates with an organization’s existing tools.
Improved code quality: By incorporating governance across the development lifecycle, WebLayers provides a consistent process for analyzing and identifying code errors.
Why CollabNet and WebLayers?
WebLayers extends CollabNet’s global collaboration capabilities by incorporating software governance into the development lifecycle, providing development teams with a common approach to governance. Combined with CollabNet, WebLayers increases code compliance visibility for all members of the organization. Providing a simple, aggregated and objective view of software code compliance allows all stakeholders to understand the impact of nonconformance from both a technical and a business perspective. Integrating WebLayers with CollabNet helps organizations ensure adherence to policies and best practices, thereby reducing costs, speeding deployment, and mitigating the risk of software glitches that can result in significant productivity and profitability losses.
Address Software Governance Across the Enterprise
- Define software governance policies based on industry best practices.
- Audit and enforce policy compliance throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Provide a single, aggregated, and objective view of policy compliance to understand the impact of non-conformance from both a technical and a business perspective.
Reduce Development Costs While Accelerating ROI
- Analyze, identify and provide guidance on how to correct code errors before application deployment.
- Improve code quality and engineering productivity with real-time policy enforcement and compliance.
- Automated guidance accelerates the code review process, decreasing time and cost of product rework and speeding application delivery.
Mitigate Business and Technical Risks
- Retain critical development knowledge and codify best practices.
- Minimize policy violations that impact performance, security and maintainability.
- Ensure code adheres to all compliance requirements, reducing the potential for costly software glitches.