CollabNet, Inc. | VersionOne, Inc.
- The types of information we collect
- How we use the information collected
- Automated processing of data
- With whom we share information
- The choices you have with your data
- How you can access, update, or delete your data
- International transfer of information collected
- How long we retain your information
- Children's Personal Information
- Using Customer Data
- Privacy Shield
- Changes to this policy
- How to contact us
- InPrivate mode in Microsoft Edge
- Incognito mode in Google Chrome
- Private browsing mode in Mozilla FireFox
- Private browsing mode in Apple Safari
However, some areas of the Site, such as registering for webcasts or downloading whitepapers, require you to register and provide some personally identifiable information.
The Information We Collect
CollabNet collects Personal Information when:
- you become a registered member on the Site;
- you request that CollabNet contact you or you submit questions or comments to us;
- you download CollabNet software (where required);
- you register for an online training course;
- you request support for a CollabNet product;
- you register for webcasts and other online events;
- you request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers);
- you participate in surveys and evaluations;
- you participate in promotions, contests or giveaways; or
- you subscribe to an electronic mailing list.
The types of Personal Information collected may include:
- your first and last name;
- your role in your organization;
- your organization's name;
- your billing or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province);
- your business e-mail address;
- your business telephone number;
- any other identifier that permits CollabNet to make physical or online contact with you; and
- If you are an Authorized User of our services, any information that CollabNet collects online from you and maintains in association with your account, such as:
- your CollabNet username; and
- your CollabNet password.
CollabNet also collects more general information about your use of products and services offered on the Site, and your participation in various forums and projects. In addition, our Site uses tracking technologies to record information, such as: (i) the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, (ii) the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, (iii) the browser software you use and your operating system, (iv) the date and time you access our Site, and (v) the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Site.
Using Your Personal Information
CollabNet may use the Personal Information you provide to:
- create and maintain your account(s);
- process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders;
- answer your questions;
- register you in programs (per your request);
- send you information about our products and services;
- improve our Services;
- better understand your needs and interests; and
- send you newsletters and surveys. to help diagnose problems with our server, to manage our Site and to enhance our Site based on the usage pattern data we receive.
Retaining Your Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, including to pursue our legitimate business interests, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce applicable agreements.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Unless you consent, CollabNet will not share the Personal Information you provide to us except as described below.
CollabNet may disclose your personal information to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud).
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
Your Right to Update, Access, or Delete your Personal Information
You may request access to, and the opportunity to update, access, correct, or delete, your Personal Data by contacting our support team at email@example.com for assistance. If you are a resident of the EEA about whom CollabNet holds Personal Data on behalf of one of our customers or business partners, you may request access to, and the opportunity to update, access, correct, or delete, such Personal Data from our customer. For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we do not have authority to permit you to access, update, correct, or delete, your Personal Data, we will assist you in contacting our customer who can handle your request. Please note that we need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such access, change or deletion.
Your Choices About Receiving E-Mail
CollabNet provides you with the ability to opt-in to receiving communications from CollabNet and/or its partners. You can customize your selections and unsubscribe at any time. This opt-out/unsubscribe action is tied directly to an individual email address and not an account or individual. If a visitor uses multiple email addresses at different times at on our Site (e.g., personal and corporate email addresses) it is required that each email address be unsubscribed so that you will not receive further communication from us.
Cookies and Other Browser Information
Cookies. We automatically collect information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a Web site. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Sites and your experience. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you; they merely recognize your web browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself, either by responding to a promotional offer, or filling out a Web form or have previously identified yourself to CollabNet, you remain anonymous to the Company.
If you set your browser not to accept cookies or if you reject a cookie, it may affect certain features or services of our Sites.
We also use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about usage of Site and interaction with emails from the Company. Web beacons are clear electronic images that recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular web site or Service tied to the web beacon, and a description of a web site or Service tied to the web beacon.
Third Party Advertisements
We utilize appropriate physical, procedural and technological security measures reasonably designed to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access or disclosure. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusions by third parties.
COMPLIANCE WITH EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD PRINCIPLES
CollabNet complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework in its collection, use, and retention of Personal Data. In keeping with EU-U.S. Privacy Shield principles, the company has self-certified adherence to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. If there is any conflict between this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern the rights and obligations of CollabNet.
Recourse and Enforcement
If you are not satisfied with our response, or if contacting us does not resolve your complaint, you can contact, JAMS, an independent dispute resolution provider located in the United States by calling +1 (404) 588-0900 or visiting https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information and to file a complaint.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, CollabNet is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
There is the possibility, under certain limited conditions, for individuals to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission.
Public Forums Reminder
Our Site often makes discussion forums, mailing lists, wikis, blogs and chat rooms available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Although we value individual ideas and encourage free expression, CollabNet reserves the right to take necessary action to preserve the forum's integrity, such as removing any posting that is inappropriate. Any communications sent to you by third parties are the responsibility of such third parties.
Our Commitment to Children's Online Privacy
Out of special concern for children's privacy, CollabNet does not knowingly accept online personal information from children under the age of 13. CollabNet does not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to become registered members of our sites or buy products and services on our sites. CollabNet does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information about children under 13.
In the event that CollabNet ever decides to expand its intended site audience to include children under the age of 13, those specific web pages will, in accordance with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), be clearly identified and provide an explicit privacy notice addressed to children under 13. In addition, CollabNet will provide an appropriate mechanism to obtain parental approval, allow parents to subsequently make changes to or request removal of their children's personal information, and provide access to any other information as required by law.
About Links to Other Sites
This Site contains links to other websites. CollabNet does not control the information collection of websites that can be reached through links from our Site. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked sites, please contact those companies directly.
How to Contact Us
6220 Shiloh Road, Suite 400
Alpharetta, GA 30005
The Terms were last amended on May 17, 2018