Product Integrations - Visual Studio Edition
Unified Environment for Tasks and Project Management
In recognition of the millions of Microsoft developers world-wide – CollabNet VersionOne provides open source integrations for their development desktop -- to create a hub for all cloud development activities. The CollabNet Desktop - Visual Studio Edition will sim-ship with Visual Studio 2012 as a fully compatible integration. You can access key TeamForge and ApacheTM Subversion® functionality from within the Visual Studio IDE (integrated development environment), including change management and version control of your .Net source code:
Source Code Management: Access repositories and perform all Subversion-related activities for merge tracking, graphical conflict resolution, and tree conflict handling.
Issue and Change Management: Perform tracker searches to view relevant work items, update multiple artifacts and submit changes at once, link code commits to work items.
Agile Project Management: View project planning folders, drag and drop work items to create or update a project plan, view real-time graphical status reports of progress.
Continuous Integration: Access continuous build artifacts and build logs; locate documentation and binaries stored in document manager and file release system.
Lab Management: Dynamically provision build & test servers using a graphical interface from within Visual Studio; manage resources in your private cloud or in a public cloud, such as Amazon EC2.
Why CollabNet VersionOne and Visual Studio?
With a seamless integration and graphical point-and-click interface, a Microsoft developer can perform common Subversion-related tasks without leaving Visual Studio, including viewing the status of source code, updating a working copy, committing changes, and browsing repositories. Drag-and-drop tools simplify development - providing automatic mapping of assets from build to release. For Instant access, add all your CollabNet VersionOne projects to your workspace by entering only a server URL and credentials. CollabNet VersionOne functionality works behind the scenes, managing configuration and access to related Subversion repositories for source code management, issue tracking, documents, wikis, discussion forums and other project artifacts. The download includes open sourceAnkhSVN, Subversion plugin.
Save Time; Ease Management
- Auto-configure related repositories for Subversion and project artifacts automatically when you add a project to your workspace
- Choose from a long list of predefined queries, such as active tasks or tasks assigned to me, to get started quickly
- No external SSH client needed. Everything the user needs for SSH access is included and automated
- Always see the latest information in your development environment with automatic project updates
- Query results are automatically refreshed with the repository, so users see the latest changes to existing tasks as well as creation of new ones that meet their criteria
- View development progress with graphical reports including a burndown chart
- Utilize plan editor to see planning folder work items in a grid view and perform in-place edits of status, effort, and other artifact details
- Rank artifacts through a simple drag and drop operation
- Use graphical merge wizard for changes between any two repository paths for tree conflict resolution
About CollabNet VersionOne
With the business and technology user in mind, these free integrations connect the CollabNet VersionOne platform with prevalent business, development and production systems, including HP, IBM, Microsoft, Eclipse, and JIRA. Certified Integrations allow your application stakeholders to stay in their preferred, specialized work environment and provide the data the team needs in context of their role.
Developed and certified by CollabNet VersionOne, these integrations are built on industry standard Web Service APIs or through TeamForge Connect framework to orchestrate the DevOps processes and data across multiple platforms, frameworks, locations and clouds. Certified Integrations are freely downloadable as either open source or shared source, and are supported through free Community Support as well as a range of commercial CollabNet VersionOne Services and Support Programs.
* Apache, Apache Subversion and the Subversion logo are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation. Subversion® is a registered trademark of the Apache Software Foundation.