Use CollabNet’s extensive experience to speed your team’s success.
Transitioning to an Agile software development approach is not a simple matter, and success is far from guaranteed. CollabNet has coached hundreds of organizations, large and small, and is able to transfer our expertise to you to jumpstart your team.
CollabNet coaches specialize in nearly all aspects of the Agile method, from basic principles to advanced concepts; from mechanics to team dynamics; from theory to practice. CollabNet specialties include:
The founding principles of Agile and Scrum are well documented and easily understood. So why is it so important to master the basics of the mechanics of Agile? Without a clear understanding of Agile values, it is much too easy to “go through the motions” which leads to confusion on why you don’t get the benefits that you hope for.
CollabNet coaches help you make sure that your teams understand and embrace the basic mechanisms and the reasons they are important, and enable you to deal with issues as they arise. Our coaches help your organizations master:
- Writing great user stories
- Optimizing backlog grooming sessions
- Creating and optimizing self-organizing teams
- Embracing the Definition of Done
- Productive retrospectives
- Effective techniques for attacking impediments
- Effective facilitation for Scrum Masters, Product Owners and team members
Agile is, by design, very flexible. Because of that, there are many ways to apply agile techniques to your organization. How do you know which approaches are going to be successful and which are likely to cause trouble in your situation?
Together, CollabNet coaches have helped so many organizations that you don’t need to worry about all the potential ratholes – we help you avoid them by sharing our experiences with you. We enable you to jump into your implementation of Agile right away with the confidence of having a world-class mentor to guide your decisions.
- Techniques for rapid impediment removal
- Maximizing ROI through effective backlog management
- Effective estimation
- Boosting customer satisfaction through Agile release planning
- Technical Agile practices, including XP, Test Driven Development, Feature Driven Development, Pair Programming, Refactoring and more
- Educating executives on the benefits and requirements of Agile
- Metrics and forecasting
Once you are successful in your first Agile deployment, you want to replicate the benefits of improved customer satisfaction, increased productivity and higher quality across all your teams. There are some tricky elements to consider before you expand to more teams and more projects because you’ll certainly encounter more complexity.
CollabNet coaches have been at the forefront of some of the largest Agile transformations in the world, in industry and the public sector, so we know the elements that are going to make the most impact to your long term success.
- Scaling Agile to multiple groups, products and programs
- Deploying Agile in a hybrid environment with waterfall and other traditional methodologies
- Working with the realities of distributed teams
- Organizing and coordinating work across multiple teams
- Harnessing ingenuity and creativity