Certified ScrumMaster Experience
The 3 day Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Experience takes a more comprehensive, in-depth approach to the CSM training. It is designed for those who want additional time learning how to apply the Scrum principles taught in the CSM course to real world situations.
Real world case studies are used in the course to exemplify the types of impediments you are likely to encounter and to show how to avoid common mistakes other organizations have made. Classroom activities are guided by Michael James, author of the Example ScrumMaster's Checklist (referenced in books by at least three other Scrum trainers) and the 6-page illustrated Scrum Reference Card. Prior to the 3 day class, it is mandatory that those enrolled in the course complete the free online prep work. Well-prepared groups enhance the classroom learning experience and are generally able to spend time exploring more advanced topics.
Who is this class for?
This class is designed for those that want to extend the value they are getting from the CSM training by having additional time to work with an expert consultant and peers in a “learning by doing” environment.
This class will appeal to you if:
- You are the type of person that has a natural curiosity for learning
- You push yourself to be the best in whatever you do
- You enjoy problem solving and are comfortable with ambiguity as you explore the best options for a complex situation
During the class, you’ll learn from doing:
During class, CSM participants explore Agility while divided into self organizing Scrum teams of 5-7 people each, working with case studies and experiencing learning situations beyond the Scrum Alliance's certification requirements.
The case examples used will often involve complex situations that require participants to learn to problem solve. Having to apply concepts to practical situations can help participants synthesize information more quickly. In addition, the case studies used in class usually generate enthusiastic class discussions that enhance the learning experience for all.
This three-day course is an incredible learning experience that you’ll never forget. Topics include:
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities
- Sprint Planning, Execution, Review, and Retrospectives
- Agile Requirements Analysis
- Estimating and Prioritizing Product Backlogs
- What Does “Done” Mean?
- Technical Debt and Other Pitfalls
- Small Group Dynamics
- Scrum in Large Organizations
- Organizational Impediments
- ScrumMaster Certification
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive:
- Qualification for ScrumMaster Certification (passing the exam is a required follow-on step for certification)
- Payment of your first two year dues for the Scrum Alliance
- 16 SEUs from the Scrum Alliance. Additional SEUs can be earned for review of pre-course and post-course materials
- 21 PDUs from PMI (Project Management Institute). This class also satisfies 21 training hours for the PMI/ACP certification.
- Membership in the CollabNet Agile Community
CollabNet Certified ScrumMaster Training provides everything you need to confidently engage with a real-world Scrum team.
CollabNet is a Registered Education Provider (REP) with the Scrum Alliance.
Why take training from CollabNet?
- Re-take the course at no charge
Get twice the value - attend again for more depth or to get a different perspective
- Use your trainer as your mentor
Build a relationship with your CST and ask whatever you need to be successful in your job
- Pass the Scrum Alliance exam
We'll work with you until you pass the test, so you're assured to earn your certification
Need more reasons? We've trained more than 20,000 Certified Scrum Masters - more than anyone. Check out some of their testimonials here.