Agile Training Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kind of Scrum training does CollabNet VersionOne provide?
CollabNet VersionOne offers Scrum training around the world, in both public and private settings, to advance participants' understanding and practice of Scrum. This includes:Private Courses and Coaching Services
In addition to all of the courses listed below, CollabNet VersionOne trainers are available for on-site courses and mentoring that can be tailored to an organization's unique needs in its agile transformation.
Certified ScrumMaster Course (Public and Private)
This is a two-day course on the principles and practices of Scrum. This course is a requirement for Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification.
Certified ScrumMaster Experience (3 days) (Public and Private)
The 3 day Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Experience takes a more comprehensive, in-depth approach to the CSM training. It is designed for those who want additional time learning how to apply the Scrum principles taught in the CSM course to real world situations. This course fulfills the requirement for Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification.
Certified Product Owner Course (Public and Private)
This is a two-day course for product owners, business analysts, management and executives leading to Scrum Alliance Certified Product Owner (CSPO) certification.
For more information contact email@example.com
2. How do I receive Scrum Alliance Certification for the Certified Scrum Courses I take with CollabNet VersionOne?
First, find and register for a Certified ScrumMaster course in your area. All of CollabNet VersionOne's public courses are taught by Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainers. A complete schedule of courses can be found here
Within 1 weeks of successful completion of the CSM course, participants will receive an email from the Scrum Alliance with a log-in and invitation to complete the Scrum Alliance CSM exam*. Upon successful completion of the exam*, attendees will receive their Certified Scrum Master certificate and a complimentary 2 year membership to the Scrum Alliance.
*For more information on the CSM certification or exam, please visit the Scrum Alliance website at: https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/practitioners/csm-certification
3. What makes CollabNet VersionOne's training unique?
All of CollabNet VersionOne's public and private Agile certification courses are conducted by Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainers. CollabNet VersionOne's CSTs are well known thought leaders in the Scrum community who speak regularly at industry conferences and contribute content to leading agile journals and publications. For more information on CollabNet VersionOne trainers, visit their blogs to read more about their thoughts on Scrum: https://resources.collab.net/blogs or read their profiles here.
4. Can I claim PDUs (Professional Development Units) for CollabNet VersionOne's Certified Scrum Courses?
To claim your PDUs following the successful completion of a CollabNet VersionOne Course, log into your PMI account at www.pmi.org. Select the Report PDUs Menu Option on your myPMI Home Page and follow the instructions to submit your PDU claim under the Course or Training Activity. For further questions about the PDU process contact PMI directly at www.pmi.org.
For more information about our courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Do I need to be practicing Scrum already to take the public courses?
- Their organization is moving to Scrum/Agile
- They want to kickstart success in their Scrum projects
- They want to become certified so that they can change roles or advance in their careers
- They want to refresh their skills
- They want to work with experts to help move through impediments they are facing in their Scrum transformations
- They have no prior experience with Scrum and would like to learn
6. Who is the Certified ScrumMaster Course designed for?
7. How should I prepare for the Certified ScrumMaster class?
8. What topics are covered in the Certified ScrumMaster Course?
- Introduction to Scrum
- Scrum roles and responsibilities
- Sprint planning, execution, review and retrospectives
- Agile requirements analysis
- Estimating and prioritizing product backlogs
- What does "done" mean?
- Technical debt and other pitfalls
- Small group dynamics
- Scrum in large organizations
- Organizational impediments
- Scrum certification
9. Who is the Certified Scrum Product Owner class designed for?
10. How should I prepare for the Certified Scrum Product Owner class?
11. What topics are covered in the Certified Product Owner Course?
- Scrum Flow
- Agile Product Owner Role
- The Product Backlog (Creation and Management)
- Writing Stories
- Planning and Estimation
- Releasing Planning and Metrics
- Working with the Customer
- Scrum in Large Organizations
12. Can you tell me more about CollabNet VersionOne's private training and coaching services?
13. What is CollabNet VersionOne's Public Course Cancellation and Refresh Policy?
As an added value to course participants, CollabNet VersionOne reserves two seats at each of its public courses for individuals who have already successfully completed a course from us, but would like to take it a second time at no cost. This allows participants to brush up on their Scrum basics or attend a session led by a different Certified Scrum Trainer. The offer is provided on a first-come, first-served basis and must be used for the same course as the original (i.e., an individual who completed a CSM course may enroll in another CSM course, but not a Product Owner course). In addition, this offer is only available within the first six months following the original course, so please contact us as early as possible to reserve your seat.