Agile Transformation Strategy
The CollabNet approach to Agile Transformation follows a path we have identified through our work with countless organizations we have helped transition to Agile practices. Working onsite with a large cross-section of industries and organizations, CollabNet Agile Coaches have observed patterns in the way organizations adopt Agile, and more importantly, identified critical phases most companies traverse in moving toward Agility.
CollabNet provides a comprehensive suite of agile tools and transformation training, coaching, implementation and deployment services to help companies build high performance Agile teams.
The Exploration phase of an Agile implementation is marked by interest and knowledge pursuit. The desire to adopt an Agile approach can come from many sources and be motivated by any number of factors.
- Gaining knowledge across product teams
- Building skills within product team
- Identifying Organizational Impediments
The Coordination phase of adoption is marked by a more organized effort to use Agile practices throughout the enterprise. Most likely, at this point, there are one or more teams using Agile techniques on projects and achieving success with them.
- Building knowledge, skills and critical mass across the organization
- Agile project successes are beginning to generate enthusiasm and momentum within the
- Improvements are being implemented to technical processes to reduce technical debt
Enterprises moving into the Process Definition phase of Agile adoption exhibit a more structured and unified approach to product development. Up to this point, the key collaboration has most likely been at a team level, meaning the individual team members coordinate with each other to meet their group commitments.
- Unified Approach to Product Development drives improvements in quality and ROI
- Organizational approach to removing impediments builds value to the business
- Tool selection increases efficiencies and visibility across distributed agile teams
A key indication of a move towards the Strategic Alignment phase of Agile adoption is that the organization begins to push Agile practices and values out to the entire organization. Leaders in the enterprise value the transparency and predictability that the iterative approach brings to projects.
- Senior Management realizes the value of transparency and predictability of
the agile approach and incorporates agile practices into the strategic planning process
- Program level reporting helps improve ROI and budget reallocation
- HR defines and recruits for new agile roles and responsibilities to build an
Agile practices are no longer something that "technical people do". They form the core foundation of values that an Agile organization shapes all of its actions and decisions around.
- Alignment across an organization improves employee morale and retention
- Organization can react more effectively to change and opportunities
- Organization accelerates innovation and builds business value more quickly
For over a decade CollabNet has helped hundreds of world leading organizations transform their enterprises. CollabNet's Agile tools and training, coaching, and collaboration services are key to the transformation across individual teams, workgroups and entire enterprises.
In the Forrester Wave Study Q2, 2010, CollabNet earned the highest score for strategy, with the top score in corporate strategy. Forrester selected CollabNet for inclusion in the report because "it is one company displaying healthy growth or strong market presence, experience serving large enterprises, and a focus on Agile development."
Embark on your Agile Transformation with CollabNet. Learn more aboutCollabNet's Agile Offerings.