CollabNet VersionOne Trademark and Logo Usage Guidelines
CollabNet VersionOne's trademarks and logos are among our company's most important and valuable business assets, and must be treated as such. The CollabNet, Inc. Trademark and Logo Usage Guidelines sets forth the authorized manner for using or referring to CollabNet VersionOne's trademarks and logos.
Rules of Proper Trademark Usage
Trademarks are adjectives. Accordingly, a trademark should be used as an adjective immediately preceding the noun that describes the product or service in question, e.g., the CollabNet VersionOne® collaborative development environment.
A trademark should never be used as a noun, verb, possessive or plural. The examples below illustrate proper trademark usage:
- Incorrect: TeamForge is a collaborative development environment that enables companies to collaborate on development within an enterprise.
- Correct: CollabNet TeamForge collaborative development environment enables companies to collaborate on development within an enterprise.
- Incorrect: CollabNet VersionOne your development project.
- Correct: Use CollabNet TeamForge collaborative development environment for your development project.
- Incorrect: CollabNet VersionOne's collaborative development environment provides an easy to use, customizable solution.
- Correct: The development features of CollabNet TeamForge collaborative development environment provide an easy to use, customizable solution.
- Incorrect: Customer demand for CollabNet VersionOne is on the rise.
- Correct: Customer demand for CollabNet TeamForge collaborative development environment is on the rise.
Company or Trade Name Usage
The CollabNet VersionOne name is not only a trademark used to identify our products and services, but it also serves as our company or trade name. When using the CollabNet VersionOne name as a reference to the company, CollabNet VersionOne may be used as a noun and no ® or ™ designation is required. For example, in a press release, the following use would be proper:
CollabNet VersionOne is the world's leading provider of collaborative software development solutions.
The Powered by CollabNet VersionOne logo and the openCollabNet logo must be used as stand-alone symbols, without other trademarks or logos associated with it, to indicate source of origin with CollabNet VersionOne.
Proper Trademark Attribution
It is important that the appropriate trademark symbols and legends are included with our trademarks in the following prominent uses: product packaging, labels, product manuals, company or product websites, promotional collateral or brochures, press releases, data sheets, and advertisements.
Use of Trademark Symbols
A trademark symbol must be used to indicate CollabNet VersionOne's claimed trademarks and logos. The ® symbol must be used to indicate CollabNet VersionOne's registered trademarks and the ™ symbol must be used to indicate CollabNet VersionOne's claimed trademarks. Please make the trademark symbol a superscript (® or ™) and position it immediately after the trademark to which it applies, e.g., CollabNet VersionOne® technology.
The ® or ™ symbol is needed only the first time a trademark is referenced in a publication, e.g., newsletters, manuals, press releases; however, in publications consisting of several articles or chapters, use the ® or ™ designation with the first use of the trademark in each article or chapter.
Use of Trademark Legend
A trademark legend must be used at the end of a publication, e.g., newsletters, manuals, press releases. The legend must include a list of all applicable trademarks used throughout the publication. The legend should use the following format:
"CollabNet VersionOne, [list all other pertinent trademarks and logos used in the publication] are trademarks or registered trademarks of CollabNet, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks, brand names, or product names belong to their respective holders."
If you have questions or would like further information regarding CollabNet VersionOne's trademarks and logos or the CollabNet, Inc. Trademark and Logo Usage Guidelines, please contact CollabNet VersionOne's Legal Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.